Please join us in welcoming the Erie Lackawanna Caboose Number C-177 to our growing collection of vintage cabooses. The C170 series cabooses were built in March 1946 from “kits” at Dunmore Shops. In late-1985 Conrail retired the former Erie C177 and donated the car to the Jersey Central Railway Historical Society Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, whose members initially restored the caboose to its 1950's appearance. In the fall of 2016, the Jersey Central Chapter donated the caboose to the Whippany Railway Museum. The Museum will start the process of restoration and refurbishment and add this fine example to railroading history to future excursions.
Click HERE to read more information